I am in charge of managing website-related things at Kinsta. Practically speaking, I spend the majority of my time writing and updating content. I am also interested in marketing strategy and expanding our reach through leveraging more content channels.
I consider myself to be an extroverted introvert. I like to talk a lot about topics that I am interested in, but I always need to recharge afterward. Large group meetings tend to stress me out a little, so don’t be alarmed if I am quiet or look tired during a group meeting – I am always paying attention.
- Monday: I work on tasks that require a high level of brain power. In the context of my current role at Kinsta, Mondays are for writing new content, and working on #content-feedback requests that demand a lot of focus.
- Tuesday: I work on tasks that are considered high priority for the week. Tuesdays are also houskeeping days for reviewing Slack messages and emails, planning future meetings, etc.
- Wednesday: Same as Monday.
- Thursday: Similar to Tuesday, I work on whatever needs to get done.
- Friday: I work on tasks that don’t require a lot of bandwidth. This includes updating screenshots, responding to blog comments, and low-priority items.
With a one year old who rarely naps, working 9-5 is quite difficult. A normal day for me looks something like this.
- 5:30 AM: Wake up.
- 6 AM: Start working.
- 8 AM: Help out with breakfast.
- 9 AM: Back to work.
- 12 PM: Help out with lunch.
- 1 PM: Back to work.
- 4 PM: Stop working.
I try to maintain a healthy work-life balance, so I don’t work (much) during my off-hours. With that said, feel free to contact me anytime if its necessary.
How to Contact Me
- For task-related issues, please mention me in Trello or Jira in the relevant card or ticket – this helps to reduce message fragmentation.
- For other work-related messages, Slack is the best way to contact me.
- Typically, I only use email to contact parties outside of Kinsta.
- Video chats are good for brainstorming. If you’d like to do a Google Hangout or Zoom call, please let me know 48 hours in advance. Even though I am an introvert, I love 1-on-1 meetings to talk about anything going on in your life.
10 Facts About Me
- I was born in Hong Kong, grew up in the USA, and currently live in Japan.
- I used to work on Broadway shows as an electronic music designer.
- I’m very interested in blockchain and decentralized governance, and manage a block production team for the ICON network. We are the #6 block producer on the network.
- I enjoy podcasting, and currently co-host three podcasts.
- I can play piano, violin, flute, saxophone, oboe, guitar, xylophone, marimba, and drum set (kind of).
- Trying tap water from different places around the world is a hobby of mine.
- I like clean design (as you can probably tell from) – this was one of my main motivations for moving to Tokyo, Japan.
- I have mild sound-to-color synesthesia, which means I can see sound. Because of this, I despise low-quality headphones, and am generally very picky about sound quality.
- I exited most of my crypto at the end of 2017, quit my job, and spent most of the money traveling for a year. During that trip, I met my wife and now we have a baby, all thanks to Bitcoin!
- I love Leica cameras, and currently use a Leica Q2. Follow me on Instagram!