Roland keyboards have a tendency to advance two patches when a foot switch is assigned to the patch advance function in MainStage. Fortunately there’s a way to get around that without doubling all your patches!
- Plug the foot switch into Damper.
- Plug the sustain pedal into FC1, and set the the CC## to 66 (Sostenuto) on the keyboard.
- Assign the sustain pedal to the sustain layout control in MainStage.
- Assign the switch pedal to the foot switch layout control in MainStage.
- Go to Assignments & Mappings at Concert Level, and assign the foot switch to Actions/Next Patch.
- Go to Assignments & Mappings at Concert Level, and assign the sustain pedal to Send to All/K1 Destinations/#64 Sustain.
The foot switch should now advance one patch every time it’s pressed.